Thursday, March 7, 2013

3 weeks till surgery

Today marks 3 weeks until my surgery. I really cannot wait but I am also terrified. Lately, I've been checking out other blogs and trying to get ideas as to what meals I would be able to make and eat. So far I have about 4 things on my list. During my first surgery my Nana made this amazing potato and leeks soup. I ate it literally everyday so I called and asked if she can fill my fridge up with that. I really just want it to be the 28th already and then the months can start slowing down.

I saw my primary care physician the other day to get a prescription for my lips. I kept getting these really dry spots on the corner of my lips and they hurt so much and I could hardly open my mouth. I started using the cream two days ago and they cracks and dryness are already gone. I would of been really upset if i had to deal with these uncomfortable sores during the surgery and I'm hoping they stay away till then.
Oh yeah, I remember the last time I wrote that I didn't want to see this pcp because I found out my old pcp took HIP. At least, that's what it said according to the website. However, when I went to make an appointment the receptionist said they did not accept HIP and she was really rude about it. At that point I wasn't even going to argue and just accepted it and called my other pcp because I really had to get an appointment. When I called the receptionist there were extremely nice and helpful and my pcp (even though I haven't seen her since last march) remembered I was going for the surgery before even looking anything up and asked how I was doing. She was really sweet and now I'm really happy my old doctor didn't take HIP. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment