Thursday, March 14, 2013

2 weeks till surgery

Still very excited and very nervous for the coming date. I saw my orthodontist for the last time before my surgery.  He replaced all the elastic bands around the brackets with steel ties. The reason for this is because if an elastic band was to break during surgery the wire can shift and make things more difficult to move. The steel ties would help keep the wire in place. The hooks between each tooth were tightened as well.

This past Tuesday I had my appointment with my surgeon. Pictures, molds and x-rays were taken. It was quite a process as I was there for an hour and a half. But I am finally done with all the prep work. At least with the most part for my mouth. No more prodding and poking and my mouth can finally have a break. I still have my pre-op testing on the 22nd, a medical clearance appointment on the 25th and finally my surgical discussion on the 26th. =)

I have made a supply list so far based on other blogs I have seen on here. I would of never thought of half of these things on my own. I'm still working on what foods to make. I have carnation instant breakfast which I drank quite often during my first surgery. Nana's making me the potato and leek soup and i figured I'd go to BJs and grab from of the panera soup they have and puree them more if necessary.

SUPPLIES:

-aquarfor lip balm ( which I already live on and find its the greatest lip moisturizer)
-baby toothbrush
-coconut water
-antibiotics (given from doctor)
-donut shaped airplane neck pillow
-pill crusher

6 comments:

  1. Add tons of Kleenex and a humidifier to your list and a journal lol. Your almost there chick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not long to go!
    Are you excited or more nervous? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I just started following your blog as I am about to star this whole process too. Love reading your posts. Keep on keepin on, and good luck with the upcoming surgery!! Keep updating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Natasha,
    Prior to my surgical discussion I was very nervous as I did not entirely know what I was expecting. But now that I know its not going to be as 'intense' as I thought it would be I'm looking very much forward to tomorrow =)

    @Ashley,
    I'm glad you really enjoy my blog. I hope it gives you enough insight as to what you might expect. What exactly are you getting done?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @kristie,
    what a good idea. I didn't even think of kleenex. I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to even breath through my nose because during my first surgery I was soooooo congested and had to use nasal spray and decongestants to breath.

    ReplyDelete