Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 3 after surgery

I was unable to make onto the computer the last two days after surgery. I've been sleeping non stop and not untill today do I finally feel well rested.

So Thursday 3/22 was the date of my surgery. It went really smooth and all the doctors were  great. I'll have pics up soon from a few hours after surgery to today. Before I went into surgery I really wasn't feeling nervous or anything which was good. Next minute I know Im lying on the operating table talking to my doctor and then I'm out. Which is a wonderful feeling for anyone whose never been asleep for surgery. It's the best sleep you'll ever get! After waking up in recovery I had the worst double vision and that made me super nauseus feeling. I did get sick and threw up the blood that was in my stomach but afterwards I felt great. A few hours later my parents took me home and yet again I got sick to my stomach but everything was good. I crawled into bed took a percocet and passed out till the next morning.

Day 1 after surgery: I was still extrememly numb so the pain wasnt hitting me yet. I just didnt like how numb and huge everything felt. I feel lucky because all I had was swelling in my face, no bruising at all =)
I was able to go for a walk with my dad around the block to help clear my head and to get my blood circulating. It works wonderfully, so if you feel up for walking Id advice you do it bc it helps a whole lot with the healing process.

Day 2 after surgery: I just slept ALL DAY! it was great. I woke up maybe twice for at least an hour and went right back to sleep.

Day 3: Today is a so so day. My jaw has been very stiff bc I'm assuming they've held it open when working on the upper jaw so opening it completely is nearly impossible. Out of curiosity I have run my tongue across the gums of my mouth to see if I can feel anything. Right now its just still super puffy and kind of gross feeling so I don't think I will be doing that again. Also, I was able to take a shower today. I felt so gross from just lying in bed for like 3 days so bc I was not in to much pain I was able to get in. I feel so much better and the warm water helps circulate the blood.

As for eating if anyone is curious, I've been living on applesauce and potoato and leek soup. Though for some reason the applesauce is hurting my throat a bit so im madly in love with the taste and texture of the potato soup. It's so creamy there's no effort to eating it at all.

The medicine that i've been on has been helpful too. In the morning and night I use Afrin nasal spray to help with congestion. I also have a mouth wash I use each morning and night. When I'm in too much pain I just take an Advil and it helps enough, but when I want to go to bed at night even if I'm not in too much pain I take a percocet bc it really helps me sleep through the night.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear it went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery. How much time are you taking off from work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I took off for the week and I don't have to go back to work till April 2nd. The doctor told me I shouldn't need more than a week.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear everything went well! Good luck with the rest of your recovery!

    ReplyDelete