Thursday, March 22, 2012

Taking the drive to the hospital

So today is my first surgery. I'm having it done at north shore LIJ in new Hyde park. It's a great hospital but the only downside is that it's practically an hour from my house. But anyway, I'm driving out the hospital with my parents right now and I'm not feeling anything. I don't feel phased about this whole surgery at all. I guess I'm more excited then anything Bc I've been waiting for this day since August. I do realize what I am alittle nervous about is not the surgery itself. I'm concerned how I am going to feel when I wake up. I'm afraid I'm going to be in terrible pain. Though pain killers are a wonderful thing. Prior to surgery my concern was how my stomach was going to feel after waking up. The last surgery I had was when I was 7 years old and i remember waking up feeling super nauseous and dizzy. Luckily this time I was given two pills to settle my stomach. One I took last night at midnight and the other I took about half hour ago. For anyone that doesn't know. You are not allowed to eat after midnight or in the morning. I stuffed my face last night in hopes it would satisfy my hunger long into the morning. Originally my surgery was scheduled for 1130am but was then changed to 1pm. Not to happy about that Bc I'm a person who loves their breakfast so not having it today was depressing here's hoping my hunger stays away till them. But as long as I don't think about it I should be fine. All in all I cannot believe this day is here already. It came so fast and before I know it ill be getting the second half of my surgery done. But I'm trying to take this day by day and not rush the healing process. Thats never a good thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment