Tuesday, April 16, 2013

19 Days Post Op

I had another follow up appointment to see how my healing as been and to make sure the stitches are dissolving. Of course they were and I can't believe how amazingly everything is healing up inside my mouth. You can hardly see where the incisions even were. During the appointment I asked my doctor when can I start eating things like pancakes. She told me she would let me know in two weeks. I know it was still somewhat early to be chewing but I thought I'd ask. On the bright side though, I no longer have to wear my rubber bands all day. I only have to wear them at night when I sleep. YAY! So now it would be a lot easier to stretch my jaw and not have to worry about removing the bands and accidentally throwing them away. I can open my mouth to about 2 fingers in length. Not bad, though I can't seem to get that good yawn in yet when I'm tired because my mouth can't open fully yet but I'm getting there. I've been getting very bored with what I'm eating which is basically puddings and mashed potatoes and those Boost drinks (which by the way are super delicious) I don't have the heart to really puree anything. I'm very picky about food and texture is a huge thing that determines if I eat the food. I'd hate to change the texture of my favorite meals and then end up disliking it and never eating it again. However, I did try a green smoothie for the first time today. Not very appealing looking but I it tasted very good. I made it with kale, spinach, an apple, a banana and strawberries. It's a great way to get your intake of fruits and vegetables. But like I said, it doesn't look very appealing and thats a huge thing for me.

On an even better note I took a new photo. This time smiling! =)

I look so bug eyed in my photos. Though this is the first time I'm seeing my smile side by side with my old smile. What a huge difference. (and I still hate my nose) but I can't fix everything =P
And I'm also seeing that I smile somewhat crooked. BUT WOW!!! I can't wait for the braces to come off to see the new smile all complete. I do still need some work done by the orthodontist to tighten my bite in the back of my teeth but WOW. I can't stop staring at the pics because I'm so amazed. Also, Long or short hair!? I like both haha
I'm still somewhat swollen by the lower chin so I feel like its making my chin even pointer. I need to stop looking at things individually and stare at the whole face. But there you go. Transformation almost complete =)

1 comment: