Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The waiting game...

My expander has officially been locked in place and I couldn't be any happier. For some reason a piece on the expander was sharp and I noticed that when I slept my tongue would sit up there and it would always hurt in the morning. My othordontist put a piece of plastic and hardened it in place so now its super smooth and I have nothing to cause pain.
As for my teeth my bite is still out of whack. Even though on the right side my top and bottom teeth sort of touch, I can still only chew on the left side of my mouth. But that's now starting to hurt my jaw muscle. All yesterday I could hardly open my mouth bc I think I over extended my jaw because I'm eating a lot differently then I used to. But today it's feeling better.
So now the waiting game has really started. Waiting for my bones to grow so I can get these braces are and start to shape my upper jaw. However, I'm not sure how long that will be. According to my orthodontist it will be at least three months. Though it can be sooner depends what the surgeon things of my bone growth.
There is one thing I want to see, and that is an x-ray of my mouth. I'm sure curious as to what inside my mouth looks like. So maybe when I see my doctor on the 16th I'll ask her if there's a way that I can see how things look. But till then I am still on soft foods and just drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated. I also started babysitting again in the morning and there for I started walking again. A big upset was not being able to use the gym and workout after surgery because as we all know bathing suit season is just around the corner. However, I realized just because I cannot lift weights doesn't mean I cannot do any form of exercise. I've been walking a lot lately and even been able to take my bike out. It was nice being a couch potato for awhile but its time to get moving and get back to my normal life schedule. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment