Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ahh...why did that just happen!

I just had my first scare on my way home from work. Lately I've noticed my stitches are dissolving and pieces are falling out. Also last night I had severe pain on the left side of my jaw and I don't know why. I just woke up in the middle of the night and it was awful. But today after work I was driving home and I felt a slight throbbing by the front of my teeth. I did not find that unusual because I expect some pain while healing. Well all of a sudden I realized I was bleeding. I wasn't bleeding a lot but it was enough for me to panic a little and wonder what the heck happened. I immedietely called home and let my dad know that I was driving and my mouth was bleeding and I'll be home shortly. I get home and quickly see that by the incision in the front of my mouth is were I was bleeding from. I clean up the mess and then boom nothing. I wasn't bleeding anymore, no sign of where I was bleeding from. It was really weird. So I'm relieved that it stopped quickly and did not hurt. But it was certainly a scare. My mom tried to call the emergency number to my surgeon and the line seems to be inactive. That's bad b/c I wouldn't know how to get in contact with my doctor. So we just left a message and she should call back tomorrow morning. I have an appointment with my orthodontist tomorrow so I'll let him know and I will see my surgeon Friday.
And because I get paranoid over little things I asked my sister to stay home tonight and to stay with me. Just having someone there always helps. So she kindly obliged and now I can sleep soundly.
Hopefully I get an answer as to why I started bleeding randomly tomorrow. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment