Sunday, February 19, 2012

Things are moving quick... Alittle more then one month to surgery!

I can't believe how fast everything is moving along. I remember when it was just August '11 and I was told I must wait because of my insurance, and now all my appointments prior to surgery are scheduled. I feel like I have so many things to do still in a one month span. Here's everything so far...
The process of seeing my orthodontist, surgeon, primary care physician and meeting with the hospital begins on Tuesday =)

Feb 21st - appointment with my orthodontist to get separators in
Feb 23rd - another appointment with my orthodontist, this time to get molds taken of my top jaw for my palette expander and to place braces on my bottom teeth. (no braces yet, dates been moved)
Mar 8th* -  seeing my orthodontist to have the separators on top teeth put in
Mar 13th* - back to the orthodontist to have the palette expander put in and place braces on bottom teeth
Mar 14th - Pre-surgical discussion with my surgeon at her office 
Mar 16th - pre-admission surgical testing at the hospital
Mar 22nd - Surgery =)
Mar 30th - follow up appointment

*few dates added or changed.


I still have to make an appointment with my primary care physician to get medical clearance. I'm not to happy with this one because I had to get a new doctor because my old doctor doesn't use my insurance. =(
My mom also wants me to see a cardiologist, because when I was younger I used to complain about chest pains often and the last time I had any form of surgery was when I was 7. Even though everything was fine and the doctors wrote my pain off as growing pains and I haven't had any pain since, my mom just being a mom wants to make sure I'm okay.

Right now I'm feeling ecstatic.. Oh also, I found out my aunts niece went through the same exact surgery that I'm gonna go through. I got to talk to her for a little and it gave me such a reassuring feeling. I haven't seen her in years but she looks great. I couldn't stop looking at her perfect teeth and jaw. =)

Let the countdown begin... 32 days

2 comments:

  1. Laura- You have a lot of exciting things coming up in the next month! After all this waiting i'm sure you're thrilled to get on with everything.

    Please keep us all posted!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beyond thrilled right now =)
    I hope it all goes as smoothly as I think it's going to go.
    Thankyou for commenting =)

    ReplyDelete