Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oh how I don't miss these..

On the 23rd of February I got a mold done for my palette expander. The first thing they did was put the 'anchors' on my bottom teeth and cemented them in and then put four on my upper teeth. That is how the palette expander will stay in. Luckily though, the tops were not staying in. They put them in so they can do the mold and then they removed them to place them within the mold. So right now I only have the bottom anchors in.

So for the last several days I've been trying to get used to them again. Like I've said before I've had braces so I kind of know what to expect. I got that wonderful wax that you place over them to prevent any scratches to the cheeks. I also had to go back about a day later to have one side pushed down a bit. The pointy part on the side of the bracket was so pointy even wax couldn't do anything and my cheek was so torn up after one day. But now that's fixed =)
I also had trouble eating dinner that night, not because it hurt but because it was just a weird feeling that I needed to get used to again. But again, after a day or two I'm back to eating normal.

I have about 3 more orthodontist appointments to go to, 2 with my surgeon, 1 with the hospital, and 1 with my primary care physician. I also had to get in to see some other annual doctors as well. I did not want to wait till after the surgery and just wanted to get everything done. So starting March 8th till March 22nd, I'm pretty much going to have a doctors appointment a day minus the weekends. It's gonna be a busy month but I'm looking forward to every visit because it's only bringing me one step closer.

Surgery Countdown: 23 days

No comments:

Post a Comment