Wednesday, January 16, 2013

FINALLY...some pictures

Just received my new laptop today. Therefore I can get some pictures up for you guys. I really thought I had more, but most have been on my phone and I have lost some pictures so I'll put up what I can.
I had the palette expander put on in March 2 012and this was before the surgery so no movement has been made. 

This is around June 2012. 8 millimeters have been expanded and  you can see such a difference. The  gap doesn't look so large because the teeth have moved since I took this pic.

Now we jump to Jan 2013. I wish I had some more before pictures. I realize I did not get them so many of  them. In this picture I moved my lower jaw forward to show the effect of what my teeth should look like after the second surgery. There is still a slight space between the top and bottom teeth but my  surgeon said that will be closed when she works on the lower jaw.
This photo is old. This is from Jan 2012. As you can see my top is is pretty narrow looking and the two front teeth almost come to a point. It makes my mouth look smaller then the rest of my features.
 
Not a very straight on smile. But you can get a general idea.  You can see how my jaw has been widened and fits to my face a bit better than before. I do have a picture that's looking straight on but I need to do a little digging for it. I know it was taken a few months ago. This one is from Dec 2013.



So there you have. Finally have a few pictures up. Again, sorry there's not more when I swore there was. I'll get a few more up close so you can see more changes. Especially my bottom jaw. Those wore horrendous and now they are gorgeously straight. Still hoping March 28th is my date for the second surgery. Keep those fingers crossed still! =)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, I just came across your blog! Congrats on being post op. Your before and after bite is AMAZING. I also HAD to comment and ask... Is that a Tardis phone case? LOVE it;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) and yes that is a TARDIS phone case. I actually recently got a new case with a Dalek BBQ-ing inside of another Dalek :)

      Delete
    2. I love how excited people get over doctor who relates stuff. We make the best fans >.<

      Delete